Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What I Learned...As My Head Bled

Back when I was the same age as most of you, my mom used to tell me to always pay attention to what was around me. Sometimes, even doing that isn't enough, especially if there are dangers that you don't expect.




During the summer, I was walking up Lenox Avenue one night. I got a call on my phone and answered it. The street was pretty noisy and I couldn't hear the person on the phone properly. To try to get away from the street-noise, I turned towards the buildings on the side of the avenue. Unfortunately I didn't expect that one of the buildings would have this box sticking out from one of its windows:



I walked head-first into the steel box. First of all, I didn't know what had happened. Then I realized it hurt a lot. Then I put my hands to my head and realized I was bleeding a lot.

Luckily, I was pretty close to Harlem Hospital, where I got staples put into my head to close the wound. The staples had to stay in for quite a while, and even after a week or so my head looked like this:


I got a big bill from Harlem Hospital and I guess my head will always have a scar there. So what I learned was to always be on the look-out for danger, because even accidents that aren't your fault can still be pretty darn painful.

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you were pretty luck to have an hospital close by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you should watch where your going

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Big Was The Box And How Did U Not See It Also How Much Did U Get Charged????

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAT?! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive hit my head on floors steps and sharp objects...u hit ur head on a lousy silver box nd look wat happens.u shuld get a incredible head as my friend isaghia...plus it sounds so ironic the hospital was there after jus hitting ur head..WEIRD...

    ReplyDelete
  7. it sounds like the box was waitin 4 u lmfao

    ReplyDelete
  8. hell yea...shulda had home training turnin into alleys on the fone...ur head looks nasty and dats bad but u shulda looked at the signs...jointed cracked u..lmfl

    ReplyDelete
  9. mnsaDbhwervghad vuhvij hijsophhfyhuigujigudhihg7ysdaiuhvciuvtasgycsyhd vbhvhydbb sdbhug7db h s dshhysduids v b dhhybsduusduygsdudhyusds ujdyuhsdubsdbys dhudsyudsbhds huydsubhybdshu v wdhyweewe7ewew hyhu8gwegwy7ewhudwy

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a very sad story and also digusting picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats coming from terrel wowwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I just read through all these fun comments. Thanks very much for the good wishes -- and the instructions to look out for objects that might split my head open! I wanted also to thank you all for your work in class today. It was nice to meet you all, and your work was very good. I will be back -- sometime next week probably -- I will talk to you more about blogging then. Before that, if you get a chance to watch some of the videos posted on here on your home computers, that would be cool. It's not vital -- I'd just be interested to read your thoughts about them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. MR.MIKE said he did not even see these pictures yet and hes the coach for the 149 football league and terrels word for the day is oh wow

    ReplyDelete
  14. aleast wrapped so nobody wont see wats goin on in ur hhead ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete