Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Favorite Subject

Since I can remember I loved one subject in school. I can go back as far as 1st grade and recall getting excited to learn in this class. When I went to 6th grade, there was more emphasis put on this subject and I loved it even more!! By the time I sat in a seat in Midwood High School in Brooklyn, I had many courses to choose from and this subject was mandatory. I aced it each year! I was sooooo in love with this subject, I made it my minor when I attended college at Clark Atlanta University. After college, I continued my studies and chose this subject as my topic. Knowing what my profession is now, I bet you're thinking I'm expressing my love for math... well, you are WRONG!! In fact, I HATED math!! I am still traumatized by long division and that was 4th grade!! But, math became much easier over time and it helps with basic thinking. All of that is dandy, but the subject I am discussing is Foreign Languages. I looooove language, even English. I love learning about grammar, rules, structure etc. I love the way Spanish, French and Portuguese sound! I long to speak another language fluently. I can't wait until I can roll my "r" with precision and be able to sit in the comfy emergency row the next time I visit Brazil! ( you can't sit there if you don't speak the language of the place you're going to) I am desperately waiting for my brain to get its act together and process all the French I know ( this is the language I studied the most) so, that I do not feel silly speaking when I go visit my family in France. But, as they say, practice makes perfect! So, one of my goals this year is to go to language school, a school where you spend hours intensively studying a language to become fluent. I just love so many languages, I don't know where to start! I have narrowed it down to Spanish, French and Portuguese. Which one do you think I should start with?

3 comments:

  1. Ms.Ayers start with the one you love anyway my goal is to learn how to speak more Bengali because i still don't know some things pretty weird though since i was speaking my language since i was little

    ReplyDelete